I am a stubborn, independent thinker. That being said, this writing process has taught me to get out of my comfort zone and embrace working with others.
In a move totally out of character, I joined writing groups on Facebook and LinkedIn. At first, I was a silent observer, scrolling through posts from time to time. They did not convince me that groups would be beneficial to me or my writing process.
Was I wrong?
All it took was one question, and the responses were amazing.
Since then, I have immersed myself in a couple of writing groups and have reaped the following rewards:
- The opportunity to make colleagues from all over the world.
- You will find there are people who really want you to succeed.
- Consider your writing group as your cheering section.
- Do not be afraid to share your ideas. A second, third or fourth pair of eyes can help you improve your writing projects.
- Are you looking for an editor, a cover artist, or a publisher? They are members of writing groups too.
- Writing groups can help combat writer’s block.
- There is strength in numbers. Join a group of like-minded people who can inspire you.
However, I let the introvert take the lead when I start to feel overwhelmed.
Introvert? Extrovert? Let me know!